16 May 2014

Personal: Dancing

I did not dance to please the crowds
No, I danced just for me
I danced hard and I danced loud
As I became the symphony

I danced because it filled in my veins
Because I felt the rhythm
I danced because it healed all pains
And closed up every schism

I danced to know I could dance at all
To marvel that my feet could tap in time
I danced because it made me tall
Even as the beat began to climb

I danced so the music could not fade
To ensure that not one note dropped
I danced because I was afraid
To what would happen if I ever stopped

And now I'm caught up in my tempo
I can't control the pace
And now you may call me yellow
But I don't want to leave this race

Because this dance may be my peak
The most beautiful thing I'll ever do
And now I dance because I'm weak
I dance because I can't bare not to

I dance because I see,
There will never be a second act
So wherever this dance may send me
I will dance it on, and that's a fact

Spoiler: Dancing is a metaphor for poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment