1 August 2014

Story: In which our story has a Prologue

There are a lot of tales in this world.
But not that many actually worth listening to,
And far fewer worth retelling.
Particular for those whose business it is to do so.

Myself, I knew a tale or two I think you'd retell.
But which one, which one to chose?
Hmm, I apologise, but a few seconds are needed.
The choice of which story to allow to the world is not one to take lightly.

Let's see. I can't tell that one. Not if you want to sleep tonight.
And *this* one? 
No. The wounds haven't yet healed.
But, wait, this story right here? Hmm.

I guess I could. But you must promise to be careful with it.
Now, get yourself comfortable. 
Because, this world right now is to be one 
In which a story is told.




My theme for this month is to write a story. However, like most people, I'm scared of big chunks of text. But, I also want time to explore the story properly. So, rather than my usual weekly updates, I'm going to be updating 2/3 times a week with a provisional 4 stanza maximum.

I don't know where this story is going to go, but it's going to be fun finding out. Let's go for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment