29 March 2017

Ledbury

Lord, here in this moment I'm praising You
          here in this moment I'm praising You
I could pray for hours and days right through
            pray for the Spirit I know to be true

I will go from here. I will falter. I'm not perfect.
Yet I know right now in my heart You are worth it
When I'm reminded of Your miraculous death and birth it
Inspires me to throw up my hands and worship

I want to sing
                      to dance
                                    to praise Your name!
Yet if I'm honest - I must admit with shame
I will struggle. And then I need You more.
I need Your love. I need Your law.
I need Your help to go to my core.
Remind me of Your name. Inspire me with awe.

Bring me back to the memory of right here. Right now.
As I shout your name as loud as everyone around me will allow.
Fill me with Your spirit. Build me anew.
LORD.
           Here in this moment I'm praising You


Written for Ledbury 2017. I don't write much religious poetry. This is certainly one of the first I've ever performed. Given how much it forms a central part of my philosophy, it's something I'm trying to address.

No comments:

Post a Comment